Elite Finnish divers join hunt for bodies of scuba team inside 200ft-long ‘shark cave’ – as Maldives tour firm insists it had no idea group planned to dive so deep

Three elite Finnish divers have joined forces to try to locate the bodies of four Italian scuba divers who died in an accident in the Maldives last week.

The team arrived on Sunday, the DAN Europe divers’ network said, just four days after the incident in the Vaavu Atoll, where the scuba team had been exploring caves at a depth of 165ft.

The body of one of the Italian divers was recovered from inside the Thinwana Kandu cave, also known as Shark Cave, on Friday, the Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF) said in a statement at the time.  

‘The body was recovered from about 60

This post was originally published on this site

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.